My Position on Transportation and Infrastructure
“As the first Utahn to serve on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in over 20 years, I am committed to prioritizing the unique infrastructure needs of our state and to ensuring that our communities aren’t overlooked in Washington. From severe drought and water scarcity to unrivaled growth and a booming population, Utah faces unique challenges and exciting opportunities. I am thrilled to be a voice for my district – and all Americans – as we work to secure an efficient and safe highway system, develop common-sense and reliable water solutions, deliver improvements to passenger air travel, and more.” – Rep. Burgess Owens
- Co-led H.R 8839, the Great Salt Lake Recovery Act, legislation to study historic drought conditions and protect the long-term health of the Great Salt Lake in Utah.
- Co-led H.R. 7762, the Water Data Act, bipartisan legislation to improve water data infrastructure for better decision-making and management of water resources.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3370, the Broadband Permitting Modernization Act, a package of four bills designed to strengthen rural broadband infrastructure in Utah and across the country.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 4832, the Open Access Evapotranspiration Data Act, legislation to track water consumption, evaporation, and transpiration, ultimately improving water resources for Utahns.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 683, the PASS Act of 2023, legislation to protect our national security by preventing foreign adversaries from taking any ownership or control of the United States’ agricultural land and agricultural businesses.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1586, the Forest Protection and Wildland Firefighter Safety Act of 2023, legislation to allow the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture to use a fire retardant, chemical, or water for fire suppression, control, or prevention activities.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 615, the Protecting Access for Hunters and Anglers Act of 2023, legislation to prohibit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) from banning the use of traditional lead ammunition or tackle on public lands unless such action is supported by the best available science and state wildlife and fish agencies.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 267, the Ceasing Age-Based Trucking Restrictions Act, legislation to eliminate unnecessary red tape and restrictions to allow more truckers to keep the nation’s supply chain flowing.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 209, the Permitting for Mining Needs Act of 2023, legislation to streamline the permitting process for mining projects nationwide to secure domestic mineral supply chains.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 186, the Water Supply Permitting Coordination Act, legislation to establish a framework in which federal agencies with permitting responsibilities for the construction of new reservoirs must work together, coordinate schedules, share data and technical materials and make findings publicly available. The end result will be fewer delays, more efficient use of taxpayer dollars and ultimately more abundant water supplies.
- Co-sponsored H.R -1650, the Rural Broadband Network Study Act, legislation to study the impact of big streamers like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ on rural broadband network costs and availability.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6152, the Critical Infrastructure Manufacturing Feasibility Act, a bipartisan bill to boost American manufacturing infrastructure.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.