My Position on Energy Independence
“Before taking office, President Biden vowed to end American energy dominance, threatening our national security, causing pain at the pump, and increasing our dependency on foreign adversaries. Bad policies and unnecessary reliance on other countries for resources are fueling our domestic energy crisis. We need to protect our national security and unleash U.S. energy independence. As your Representative, I will always fight for pro-growth policies that boost our supply chains, energy independence, national security, and economic growth.” – Rep. Burgess Owens
- Co-sponsored H.RES. 339, legislation to recognize the unrivaled contribution of American innovation in advanced, clean, safe, and reliable energy production to lower energy costs for American families nationwide.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1, the Lower Energy Costs Act, legislation to end the Biden administration’s war on domestic energy production, reduce our reliance on hostile adversaries, and lower costs for American families.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1435, the Preserving Choice in Vehicle Purchases Act, legislation to amend the Clean Air Act to prevent the elimination of the sale of internal combustion engines.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1141, the Natural Gas Tax Repeal Act, legislation to strike the Natural Gas Tax imposed by President Biden in the Inflation, Recession, and IRS Army Act. New fees or taxes on energy companies will raise costs for customers, creating a burden that will fall most heavily on American families.
- Co-sponsored H.Res. 124, legislation expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should support the expansion of domestic nuclear energy and advanced nuclear technology as a viable source of power to promote United States nuclear energy leadership and global energy independence.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 923, the POWER Act of 2023, legislation to prohibit the President from issuing moratoria on leasing and permitting energy and minerals on certain Federal land.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 484, the Natural Gas Tax Repeal Act, legislation to strike the Natural Gas Tax imposed by President Biden in the Inflation, Recession, and IRS Army Act. New fees or taxes on energy companies will raise costs for customers, creating a burden that will fall most heavily on American families.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 337, the GAS Act, legislation to prohibit Federal agencies from banning gas-burning stoves.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 263, the Stop Trying to Obsessively Vilify Energy Act, legislation to prohibit any rule or guidance that bans gas stoves in the United States.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 59, the SAVE Act, legislation to prohibit the Department of Energies sale of petroleum products to certain entities.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 9355, the LNG For Allies Act, legislation to revise the approval process for applications to export natural gas. Specifically, legislation expedites the approval process for certain U.S. allies, such as Taiwan and Ukraine.
- Supported H.Res 1101, legislation to express the support for the expansion of domestic nuclear energy production and advanced nuclear technology as a viable source of power to reestablish energy independence.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6235, the Strategic Production Response Act, legislation to develop a plan to increase oil and gas production under oil and gas leases of Federal lands.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 7298, the Promoting Energy Independence and Transparency Act, legislation to hold the Biden Administration accountable for their consequential delays in the domestic energy permitting and leasing process.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 684, the Keystone XL Pipeline Construction and Jobs Preservation Act, legislation to authorize the TransCanada Keystone Pipeline to construct, connect, operate, and maintain the pipeline facilities in Montana, for the import of oil from Canada to the United States.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6858, the American Independence from Russia Act, legislation to ensure the President unlocks America’s energy potential instead of turning to authoritarian regimes around the world to help lower oil prices.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 2705, the Natural Gas Export Expansion Act, legislation to build on the work of the previous administration by cutting the red tape and regulations that delay and prevent private companies from exporting liquid natural gas to countries around the globe will have a myriad of benefits—from reducing global emissions to promoting gas capture, and most importantly, bolstering national security for the United States and our allies.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 4781, the POWER Act of 2021, legislation to prevent President Biden from enacting his radical no-drilling agenda and ensure that clean, safe energy development on federal lands can continue to work to the benefit of our communities.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 2046, the Energy Security Cooperation with Allied Partners in Europe Act of 2021, legislation to take away Russia’s geopolitical weapon by sanctioning the Nord Stream II pipeline and expanding American natural gas exports. Helping our allies quickly obtain American energy resources loosens Putin’s economic and political grip on the region.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.