My Position on Israel
America and Israel are strong partners and friends. In Congress, I have worked hard to ensure our shared commitment to democracy, economic prosperity, and regional security.
- Voted YES on H.R. 5323, the Iron Dome Supplemental Appropriations Act, in full support of Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system that continues to save countless innocent lives.
- Introduced H.Res. 1292, a bipartisan House Resolution calling for a moment of silence in Congress and at all future Olympic Opening Ceremonies in honor of the eleven Israeli athletes who were brutally murdered by a group of Palestinian terrorists at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.
- Cosponsored H.R. 2748, the Israel Relations Normalization Act of 2021 to build upon the success of the Abraham Accords, the peace and normalization agreements between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan and Morocco, by stating U.S. policy is to strengthen and expand these normalization agreements while requiring coordination throughout the administration, specifically the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 2374, the Peace and Tolerance in Palestinian Education Act, to require the Secretary of State to submit annual reports examining the curriculum Palestinian schools are using to teach students. The reports will review whether Palestinian curricula encourage racist violence against the Jewish people and whether U.S. foreign aid is supporting such material.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3685, the Hamas Finance Prevention Act, to impose financial sanctions on foreign persons, agencies, and governments that assist Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, or their affiliates.
- Co-sponsored H.Res.548 to denounce the greatest crimes and tragedies of socialism, and why such a system goes against the founding principles of our great nation. Specifically, the House Resolution highlights examples in: USSR, China, Cambodia, North Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela.
- Co-sponsored the Iran Sanctions Limitation Amendment offered by Rep. Chris Stewart to prohibit the Department of Treasury from waiving, lifting, or otherwise relieving sanctions programs against the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6004, the Upholding the 1995 Jerusalem Embassy Law Act of 2021, to prohibit the use of funds for any diplomatic facility in Jerusalem other than the United States Embassy to Israel.
- Co-sponsored H.Res. 988, a House Resolution calling for justice and accountability for the perpetrators of the bombing of the Embassy of Israel in Buenos Aires on March 17, 1992, including evidence that the Islamic Republic of Iran for its role in facilitating and financing the execution of the attack.
- Co-sponsored H.Res. 1266 to require the Biden administration to provide Congress with documents and information relating to negotiations with Iran.
No resources found.