My Position on Health Care
“It’s no secret that Utah is on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation. In Congress, I’m proud of our work to cut bureaucratic red tape and improve health care outcomes. Together, we can provide Utah patients and families with accessible, efficient, and compassionate care.” – Rep. Burgess Owens
- Co-sponsored H.R. 19, the Lower Costs, More Cures Act of 2021, legislation to address skyrocketing prescription drug prices.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 2883, the Stop Stalling Access to Affordable Medication, legislation to lower prescription drug costs by taking on anticompetitive practices employed by large pharmaceutical companies.
- Supported H.R. 341, the Telehealth Expansion Act, legislation to improve telehealth services for Americans in Utah and across the country.
- Supported H.R.7791, the Access to Baby Formula Act, legislation to help improve access to infant formula for families in Utah and across the country amid the current national shortage.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1332, the Telehealth Modernization Act, legislation to update coverage restrictions that have long prevented life-saving telehealth services for many of the nation’s roughly 61 million Medicare beneficiaries.
- Co-sponsored H.Res 404, the National DIPG Awareness Resolution, legislation to expand research to discover the cure for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), a brain tumor that is highly aggressive and difficult to treat.
- Co-sponsored H.R 8000, the Chase COVID Unemployment Fraud Act of 2022, legislation to prevent fraud in COVID unemployment programs, recover paid benefits, and provide relief for American taxpayers and victims of unemployment fraud.
- Supported H.R. 2050, the Huntington’s Disease Disability Insurance Access Act, legislation to ensure Medicare is made available to individuals with Huntington’s Disease, a devastating, degenerative, and hereditary brain disorder causing total physical and mental deterioration.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 7346, the John W. Walsh Alpha-1 Home Infusion Act, legislation to allow Medicare beneficiaries struggling with the hereditary alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency condition, or alpha-1 patients, to receive essential augmentation infusions at home.
- Co-sponsored H.Res 1330, the Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Resolution, legislation to support research, early detection methods, effective treatments, and preventative care programs for sickle cell disease patients.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1474, the Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Act, legislation to expand training and support services for families and caregivers of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3738, the Medical Nutrition Equity Act, legislation to require insurance companies to cover costs for nutritional supplements for those with metabolic disorders.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3236, the AMIGOS Act, legislation to prohibit the President from issuing a waiver for COVID-19-related vaccine IP, prioritizes vaccine distribution to Western Hemisphere countries and ensures exported vaccines will have “Made in America” branding and the American flag.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3733, the Essential Caregivers Act, legislation to permit designated essential caregivers to enter long-term care facilities, which includes nursing homes and group homes, to provide care and support to a facility resident during any public health emergency.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6184, the Halt Fentanyl Act, legislation to address the permanent scheduling of fentanyl analogs in the schedule I category as well as grant researchers the ability to conduct studies on these substances.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3630, the Lymphedema Treatment Act of 2021, legislation to provide coverage of standard and custom-fitted compression garments, prescribed by a physician or other health care professional, and other devices determined to be effective in the prevention or treatment of lymphedema.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.