My Position on Second Amendment
“Bureaucrats in Washington want to trample the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding American citizens. I will always stand up for Utahns and their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms because it is fundamental to preserving our liberty.
“As your representative, I am honored to be your voice and will continue advocating for our Constitutional freedoms.”- Rep. Burgess Owens
- Co-sponsored H.R. 53, the FIND Act, legislation to prohibit the federal government from entering into contracts with an entity that discriminates against firearm trade associations or businesses that deal with firearms, ammunition, or related products.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, legislation to establish a federal statutory framework to regulate the carry or possession of concealed firearms across state lines.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1532, the Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act, legislation to prevent the President from imposing gun controls on law-abiding American citizens.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3130, the Repealing Illegal Freedom and Liberty Excises (RIFLE) Act, legislation to eliminate the excise tax on firearms removing barriers for Utahns to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
- Opposed H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, legislation designed to punish law-abiding gun owners without taking steps to keep guns out of the wrong hands.
- Sent letters to Visa, American Express, and Mastercard regarding their implementation of a classification of gun sales. The letter seeks to ensure that this is not used to track law-abiding gun owners or infringe on their constitutional rights.
- Sent a letter to the ATF in response to their attempts to restrict the ability of law-abiding Americans to use silencers on firearms.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.