My Position on Second Amendment
Bureaucrats in Washington want to trample the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding American citizens. I will always stand up for Utahns and their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms because it is fundamental to preserving our liberty.
As your representative in Congress, I am honored to be your voice and to continue advocating for our most important constitutional freedoms, including the Second Amendment.
In Congress, I have:
- Sent letters to Visa, American Express, and Mastercard regarding their implementation of a classification of gun sales. The letter seeks to ensure that this is not used to track law-abiding gun owners or infringe on their constitutional rights.
- Sent a letter to the ATF in response to their attempts to restrict the ability of law-abiding Americans to use silencers on firearms.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 1532, the Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act, legislation to prevent the President from imposing gun controls on law-abiding American citizens.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 3130, the Repealing Illegal Freedom and Liberty Excises (RIFLE) Act, legislation to eliminate the excise tax on firearms removing barriers for Utahns to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
- Opposed H.R. 8 and H.R. 1446, legislation designed to punish law-abiding gun owners without taking steps to keep guns out of the wrong hands.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.