My Position on Protecting Life
I am proud to be a staunch pro-life advocate in Congress and will always stand up to protect our most vulnerable. In Utah, we believe that life is precious and value the dignity and worth of every individual. As the father of six children and sixteen grandchildren, standing up for life is personal to me and I will do all I can to protect the unborn.
In Congress, I have:
- Co-sponsored H.R. 8428, the Allowing Greater Access to Safe and Effective Contraception Act, legislation to ensure adult women can access FDA-approved over-the-counter birth control.
- Penned a letter to U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland demanding enforcement of the law and action against those intimidating Supreme Court Justices following the leak of a decision draft in the Dobbs v. Jackson case before the Court.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 541, the Defund Planned Parenthood Act Of 2021, legislation to ensure that the American taxpayer supports efforts to improve the health and well-being of women and their babies by increasing funds for health centers that share this very important goal.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 243, the Title X Abortion Provider Prohibition Act, legislation to prohibit awards of federal family planning grants to entities that perform elective abortions and increase reporting requirements for the Department of Health and Human Services for more transparency and accountability.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 18, the No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion Act, legislation to codify the principle that tax dollars shouldn’t be used for abortions.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 619, the Protecting Survivors of Abortion Act, legislation to prohibit a healthcare practitioner from failing to exercise the proper degree of care in the case of a child who survives an abortion or attempted abortion.
To see a full list of legislation sponsored and supported by Congressman Owens, click here.